Privacy Notice – Seascape South Limited
This explains how your information will be held about you and processed by Seascape South Limited, a Bournemouth Borough Council company, and contains information about:
- Who we are
- Why we collect your personal information.
- The legal basis for using your information.
- Who we may share your information with.
- How you can access the information we hold about you.
- How long we keep information about you.
- Further information and Data Protection Officer.
Who we are
Seascape South Limited will be the Data Controller for the personal information you provide. Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This could be your name and contact details. As the Data Controller Seascape South Limited will use your information to provide you with our goods and services.
Why we collect your personal information
We will collect enough personal information in order to provide you with our goods and services for the following purposes:
- Adaptions and conversions to accommodate accessibility needs through the Disabled Facilities Grants scheme.
- Commercial works of either a construction or refurbishment nature.
- Residential property refurbishments, extensions and conversions.
- Building maintenance as a fixed term contract to commercial customers.
- Property and facilities management services, asset management, cleaning, grounds maintenance and arboricultural works.
- A planning design and building control services for household applications.
We are not permitted to collect information we do not need or will not use. This document covers information you have provided direct to Seascape South Limited and information which has been shared with us by other organisations.
If we don’t need your personal information we will either keep your details anonymous if we already have it for another service or we won’t ask you for it. If we use your personal information for research or analysis, we will always keep your details anonymous or use a fake name.
We don’t sell your personal information to anyone else.
The legal basis for using your information
According to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 1998, we must have a reason to collect and use your information.
This will be:-
- To deliver services and support you.
- To enable us to manage the services we provide.
- To train and manage our workers who deliver those services.
- To investigate any worries or complaints you may have about our goods or services.
- To check the quality of our goods and services.
- To help with research and planning of new services.
There are a number of legal reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. For this service:
- Contract: you have entered into a contract with us.
- Legitimate Business Interest.
Our service also needs to use sensitive personal data also called “special category data” which requires more protection to keep it safe. This is often information you would not want to be widely known and is very personal to you. It includes:-
- Religious or spiritual or philosophical beliefs.
- Physical or mental health.
- Criminal history.
We will take extra care of this data. The legal reason for us to collect and use this personal information is:
- you have entered into a contract with us.
- it is necessary to deliver health or social care services.
Who we may share your information with
We use a range of organisations to either store personal information or to help deliver our services to you. Sometimes we have a legal duty to provide your personal information to other organisations, for example the court service or HMRC.
We may also share your personal information with these organisations:
- Bournemouth Borough Council Disabled Facilities Grant Team.
- Bournemouth Borough Council Adults & Children’s Occupational Therapy Teams.
- Bournemouth Borough Council Planning Department.
Your information will not be disclosed to any other organisations, except where we are required and allowed to by law.
We may seek your consent if we are able to offer additional services which we believe are of benefit to you. This will be clearly communicated to you.
Accessing the information we hold about you
You have the right to request, in writing, details of the information that is held about you and also the right to access a copy of the information. This may be by Seascape South Limited providing copies of documents or by inviting you to view the records at its office, if appropriate. Please see the Bournemouth Borough Council webpage for further information about how to make a subject access request.
Seascape South Limited will not charge a fee to access your information. Sometimes there may be information that we are not allowed to show you, such as:
- legal information or advice.
- crime prevention and detection records.
- information that we believe may be harmful to you and your well-being.
- details about or provided by other people – this is called third party information (e.g. information from the Police or Department for Work & Pensions).
You may also ask us to:
- stop processing your information if this causes or might cause damage or distress.
- stop processing your information for direct marketing.
- make decisions about you using your information by automated means (e.g. using computers to decide on an entitlement).
- amend any of your data which you feel is inaccurate. You can also ask for information to be blocked, erased or destroyed.
- transfer your information electronically to another service provider.
- consider a claim for compensation for any damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
If you give consent for us to use your information, you may withdraw this at any time. However, this may affect our ability to continue to provide you with a service.
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information for seven years or as stated in our retention schedule and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have a concern about how we are using your information, we would ask you to contact us in the first instance using the address below:
Seascape South Limited, Town Hall, Bourne Avenue, Bournemouth BH2 6DY
Data Protection Officer
If you are not satisfied with a response to your concerns from the Service, our Director, Paul Freeman, can review any issues regarding Information Rights legislation if necessary, and can be contacted at the address below:
Seascape South Limited, Unit 4, Dalling Road, Poole, Dorset, BH12 1DJ
For further information about Information Rights legislation, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk or by telephone 0303 123 1113